Displaying Holiday Cards

Holiday cards are appearing in our mail box. It's so nice to receive other mail than just bills for a change. I display them on a 4 cm / 1 1/2 inch wide satin ribbon which I stapled to the top of the wall.

Some of my favourite cards this year. Thank you! The cards are held in place with silver colored paper clips.

I have my gift wrapping station where all my wrapping paraphenalia is stored but I kind of like doing it at the dining table so I put the stuff I'm thinking of using in a large gift bag so I can carry it around.

Still haven't decided if I'll just go with plain colored paper like last year or if I'll use up some of the printed ones. I'll show you once I'm done!

Have a great weekend!

• Maria says:

Snygg julkortsförvaring. Våra hänger med nypor i ett snöre runt hallspegeln och i en kortmobil i taket.

• Maria says:

• Sandra Yeong says:

Hey, i display the cards (chinese new year’s card) like this too.
    Can you show the close up on top of your special display cube? i like the light.

• Sandra Yeong says:

Hey, i display the cards (chinese new year’s card) like this too.

• Franziska says:

a nice idea to put all the wrapping stuff in one bag. I have my wrapping papers stored in two RATIONELL VARIERA from Ikea (which are normally used for plastic bags to store). I saw this tip some years ago. It works very well for me. With two cambrels put in the holes you normally use for spudding it to a wall, a cabinet or something they’re hanging at the sides of an IVAR rack. I think it’s very good used space 😉
    Greetings!

• Franziska says:

Greetings!

And your cats leave this cards alone? I like the idea but am concerned my cat would leave it there only for couple of minutes. I like alot your wrap design for last year!

• Charlotte K says:

I love the kind of old fashioned over the top printed wrapping paper. I also like knobbly packages where it’s fun to try to guess what is in them. Putting your wrapping supplies in a bag like this is a good idea. Right now mine are spread out all over the dining room and it’s a big mess!

• Charlotte K says:

• Jean says:

Enjoy your wrapping this weekend. Everything in this part of your home looks so festive-such great use of your colors with the white.

• Christine says:

I do the same things for my cards. I do it on a door to the basement. I just put the ribbon over the top and tape it on the other side and do the same thing underneath too. Then staple them on there.

• carol k says:

I keep my papers in a tall basket. I have a seperate plastic container for ribbon and another for gift cards.In the last few years I have stored my Christmas wrapping items with my decorations. How do you like to store your holiday wrapping? Do you put them away or do you keep them with your other supplies? I usually end up with wrapping paper and ribbon that is too Christmas-ey for other gifts.

• carol k says:

• Franziska, I like your use of the Rationell Variera!
    jja, they haven’t touched them yet. I guess they’re growing up 🙂
    carol, I store my holiday rolls of paper together with the other rolls, but I do separate the holiday-only (santas etc) stickers in a separate plastic sleeve although they are in the same drawer. This way I don’t have to see then in May or August…

• Franziska, I like your use of the Rationell Variera!
    jja, they haven’t touched them yet. I guess they’re growing up 🙂

• Leah says:

You inspired me, Benita! I did something similar over my mantle, and I love it! Such a great idea, and the paper clips keep from ruining the cards. Love it.

• Leah says: