To Do

So on Fridays I usually post my 365's but I'm running behind on editing the photos so instead I'll leave you with my current to-do list. Enjoy your weekend! Mine shall be busy :).

• Scrape west facing side of house
  • Prime west facing side of house
  • Paint west facing side of house
  • Scrape south facing side of house
  • Prime south facing side of house
  • Paint south facing side of house
  • Paint fascia boards south, west, east, north
  • Scrape south window
  • Paint south window
  • Scrape patio door
  • Paint patio door
  • Paint white trim outside
  • Clean trim in hallway
  • Paint trim in hallway
  • Paint interior doors to bathroom and stairwell
  • Paint stairs
  • Paint trim downstairs
  • Paint doors downstairs
  • Craft new house number
  • Cut boards for botanical prints
  • Paint boards for botanical prints
  • Mend stucco on west side of house
  • Sort out papers from hanging files
  • Order fly strips for windows
  • Clean shower head
  • Sort Wille's stuff in basement with him
  • Sort Wille's stuff in his room with him
  • Continue scanning negatives
  • Assemble travel scrapbook pages
  • Add photos to albums
  • Prep for gravel in back yard
  • Order gravel for back yard
  • Buy and plant summer flowers in pots
  • Weed, weed, weed
  • Plant Dahlia's
  • Sow swiss chard
  • Paint bedroom walls
  • Prune roses
  • Sew patchwork pillow
  • Bake more
  • Top dress lawn
  • Mend rotting corner by patio
  • Trim lawn edges
  • Adjust leaky kitchen faucet
  • Paint livingroom walls
  • Sort out water pressure and temperature in shower
  • Add wheels to ottomans
  • Paint stairwell
  • Change fabric in stairwell
  • Trim hedges
  • Rebuild craft corner desk
  • Move and reorganize dresser
  • Do a kitchen drawer switcharoo
  • Add wheels to antique arm chair
  • Add shelves in bedrom closet
  • Figure out a way to hang longboard
  • Add wheels to ottoman in bedroom
  • Reinvent large cans
  • Sort out downstairs pantry
  • Paint parts of front steps
  • Turn garden composts
  • Change lock on patio door
  • Change locks on two doors upstairs
  • Change handles on four doors upstairs
  • Refinish edges of bathroom shelves
  • Paint bathroom shelves and brackets
  • Touch up fuse box door
  • Staple new fabric on fuse box door
  • Sew patchwork quilt
  • Fix chipped ladder bar in stairwell
  • Caulk gaps in top of stairwell
  • I shall be adding to this list and I shall be crossing out the finished tasks as I go along this summer and try to remember to repost it sometime in August (making a note right now). Hopefully most will be done by then.

• Glad to see I’m not the only one with a crazy-long to do list!

• Anna-Malin says:

oj, oj det var en låååååång lista…
    jag kan tänka mig att det blir skönt att bocka av
    saker efterhand.
    jag skulle också behöva göra mig en lista. men
    så länge får den snurra fritt i mitt huvud. (det
    blir inte så mycket gjort)
    ha en fin helg!

• Petra from NL says:

Your energy never stops to amaze me! I was glad once I read the end of your post and realised this was a Summer-list, not a weekend-list.

• Michelle says:

Jeepers, that’s a loooonnnng list. I know the feeling mine too is very long. Enjoy the weekend and don’t work too hard!

• Jill says:

Oh phew! I’m so glad to know this is not your four-day weekend list, but one you intend to work on into the summer! We have so much to around our house – a list sounds like a great start. Have a wonderful break!

• squirrell says:

I too was a little worried that this was your weekend list.

• Leena says:

Love the last one, bake more 🙂 it is so vague compared to the others

• Jenni says:

I too thought this was your weekend list until I got to the end of the post

• Kari says:

Yes, I was glad to find out this was your summer list as well. You’ve inspired me to get a summer list together. Hope the four day weekend is a great one!

• Jennifer S. says:

Fly strips?! Yuck! I guess you don’t have screens in your windows like I do here in Virginia. I like the idea of not having screens, but fly strips are so nasty I’ll take screens over them any day.

• Lori says:

SO relieved to know this isn’t your weekend to do list! 🙂
    Have a great weekend!

• Lori says:

I forgot to add that I ADORE your fruit bowl!

• Jacilyn says:

Can’t wait to see your botanical prints when you are done with them!
    Have a good weekend.

• Lisen says:

I too first thought it was your weekend list, and when I scrolled I thought you might have lost it and gone manic…
    My to-do list also includes crafting housenumbers. Since we have narrow glass panels on either side of our door, I’m thinking of making oversized numbers from self adhesive red plastic, and putting the first number on the glass panel on the left of the door, and the other on the other side. My partner thought this was too “holly hobby”, sneered and said “Or why don’t you just draw them with a magic marker.”.

• At first I was reading this long list in total disbelief! I know you are very energetic, but must be out-of-your-mind thinking anyone could do all that in one weekend – even if you didn’t stop to sleep! But, then I saw that it was a list for all summer. Whew! Even then, it’s a lot of work! Where do you get all your energy and motivation? I long for the motivation bug to hit me! Can you send me some?

• xin says:

I also thought it is your to-do list for this weekend, and I was worrying about you.
    Yeah, I have a crazy long list as well, especially I didn’t do anything last year during pregnancy. But I have to really push myself to finish it. I am not as energetic as you. What’s your trick? How do you motivate your whole family to pitch in?
    Good luck to you, and all of us. Sometimes I think we are all just a slave of the house. =)

• Rabenfrau says:

So many to-dos on your list! You shall be busy the whole summer! I’d like this motivating bug, too. So, if you find a way to send this around, please, notify me!
    ;o)
    Rabenfrau

• The fly strips I get are just very slim pieces of clear tape that gets taped to the top of the window. There’s some goo on that the flies like and eat thand then fall down dead.

• I have realised that hoping for help and constantly having to ask for it and not get it is too frustrating so I do it myself. At least that way it gets done.

Wow I also thought this would be to do list for this weekend. My to do for weekend: buy some food, picnic whole day, make a cake, clean an hour or two and read, lots of reading. Have a nice weekend.

• Vicki K says:

While I was thinking, like some of the others, that this was your list just for the weekend…I was also thinking that of course, YOU could probably complete it too! Happy weekend to you, Benita!

• Messy says:

Uhmm… didn’t you win this contest a while ago?? What happened to that? 🙂

• I did but since I didn’t want only interior walls painted which they offered to come help me with (that’s like the easy fun painting) I opted of gift cards for paint, hence all the paint projects. As soon as the exterior walls are scraped I’m going to the paint store to pick up paint and other supplies for all the projects 🙂

• Lyndsey says:

Me too! I was thinking that there’s no way she can sleep if this is getting done this weekend!!

• Sana says:

haha, until i reached the end of your post, i thought you planned to do all this this weekend!
    silly me 🙂

• This is a scary long list, but I have just as long a mental list of things I have had for three or more years. I wonder if writing them down will finally get them done…

• elle sees says:

Wow! I’m amazed. That must be how you keep your flattering figure.

• Gosia says:

This list is so ambitious, Benita. I hope you will have time to go on vacations too. With all this work, you need some play and down time. Hugs.

• Patia says:

You are amazing, you know that?
    I want you to know that I often think of you in my daily life as I contemplate my home and purchases. I think, “What would Benita do?” Although I am a long, long way from achieving Chez Larsson levels of tidiness, you have inspired me in things like fighting clutter and choosing more white.

• I didn’t mean to freak you out with my list 🙂
    The thing is that some projects are what I like to do in my time off, like painting an interior wall, do crafts, organize etc while other things are musts, like the maintenance of the house. Since we can’t afford to have someone come do those maintanance jobs and Martin shows no interest whatsoever in them it’s down to me to get them done or our 75 year old house will suffer. I’ve been putting off the scraping of those walls, south facing window and patio door for a couple of years now so now is really the time to do it.

• katie says:

hi benita! did you clean your shower head by taking it off and soaking it in vinegar? or tie a baggie filled w/ vinegar to it while attached to shower and let it soak? or what, pray tell? thanks!!! =)

• Messy says:

Aww, so you still have to do all the work. 🙁 Oh well, at least you get the paint! Good luck with all the scraping…

• Kristin says:

You’re an inspiration! Every time I read your posts I feel inspired to go do something around the house that I enjoy doing and that will make me feel more organized and streamlined!