Yes, you read that right. Wille and I are house hunting!
Martin needs his share of the house so we’ve decided to sell up and move. We considered the option of my buying Martin out but with the market prices in this neighborhood (one of the most popular Stockholm suburbs) it’s just not possible (we’d be able to live but not eat if you see what I mean) and for all our sakes it’s probably best to start over with clean slates. Wille was understandably a little bit apprehensive at first but is now on! I’m super excited, moving is fun! So here’s what we’re looking for in a new home:
* Safe surroundings for Mini and Bonus. No heavy traffic right next to the house and preferably some woodsy area or similar nearby.
* Walking distance to the west bound “green” subway line so Wille can get to school fairly easily and get to his friends easily too.
* Not further out than Vällingby, which is 3-4 more stops on the subway from where we are now.
* A house we own rather than a condominium type of home.
Other than that we’d like
* 70 square meters (750 square feet) or larger (our current house is 82 square meters + basement).
* Large room for Wille so he can easily have friends over who can stay the night. Larger than now ideally.
* A garden. I’d prefer smaller than currently (which is already small at 450 square meters / 4800 square feet).
* Proximity to a grocery store.
If I could pick and choose but still be realistic I’d like for the new place to
* Be built pre 1970 or after 1990. Ideally 30’s through 50’s or earlier than 1930’s.
* Be around 100 square meters.
* Have had major renovations done already such as electricity and roofing.
* Be open plan or the have possibility to make it into open plan.
* Have a bathroom with a window.
* Have nice neighbors who like cats.
As you can imagine these are exciting times in the Chez Larsson household. At first I couldn’t find any listings that ticked our top priority boxes and I was getting stressed out but these past couple of weeks there have been some and we’re going to check out two properties this weekend! Wish us luck!
~Ps. What shall I call the blog after we move? Chez Larsson Vol.2? Chez Larsson 2.0? Any other suggestions?